I am an Indian fiction writer, essayist, poet and columnist published in print and online in over 220 journals/magazines across fifteen countries. My writing appears in The McNeese Review, Penn Review, Best Small Fictions 2021, Citron Review, Passages North, DASH, Miracle Monocle, Timber Journal, Bending Genres, Contrary, Watershed Review, Amsterdam Quarterly, NFFDNZ, Fourth River, Flash Frontier, Splonk, Atlas & Alice, The Times of India, and Prime Number Magazine, among other publications.
Anthologies where my work can be found are Best Small Fictions (2021), Best of Asian Speculative Fiction (2021, Insignia), “And if That Mocking Bird Don’t Sing” (Alt Current Press), “200 Poems Around the World” (Sweety Cat Press), “Ten Ways the Animals Will Save Us” (Retreat West), “In the Belly of the Whale” (EllipsisZine) and “Everything Has a Price” (EllipsisZine).
Four-times Pushcart Prize-nominated (in 2020 & 2021), four times for Best Microfictions (in 2020 &2021), and twice for Best of the Net (2020, 2022), my work has also been translated and highly commended by editors including Longlisting at Wigleaf Top 50 2022, Honorable Mention in CRAFT Flash Contest 2020, Highly Commended at Litro Magazine Summer Contest 2021, shortlisting at New Flash Fiction Contest 2022, RetreatWest Micro Fiction and Strands International, longlisting at SmokeLong Comedy Prize 2021, Brilliant Flash and AWC Furious Fiction. My microchapbook ‘In the Glow of a Velvet Moon’ was published by Ghost City Press (Sep 2021). I have edited for multiple journals and am currently serving as the Contributing Editor of Vestal Review (since April, 2022) and Editor, trampset (since July, 2022). I’m also a regular columnist for trampset. My columns appear twice every month where I reflect on writer life in conversation with current global events. My serialized columns titled “Outsider Perspectives, Insider Narratives” about being an outsider/BIPOC writer in the traditional publishing industry appear in Reckon Review.
I also post writing craft essays twice in a month on my blog. Outside of my blogpage, my craft pieces have appeared in Cleaver Magazine, Fractured Literary, JMWW, and LitMagNews.
My Latest Work
- FAHMIDAN PUBLISHING: “Anatomy of a Storm-Weathered Quaiint Town”; Digital Chapbook
- DIAGRAM: Study of Pockets, Creative Prose
- SCRAWL PLACE: “Skirting Around the Crater”; Flash Fiction
- ASIAN AMERICAN WRITERS’ WORKSHOP: “A Crack in Their Porcellanidae Shell” Flash Fiction to be published in The Margins
- QUARTERLY WEST: “Signedora” Flash Prose
- RUBY LITERARY: “Panji Paradigm”; Flash Fiction
- VARIANT LITERARY: “How to Learn the Possibilities of Ribbons”; Creative Non-fiction
- FIVE MINUTES LITERARY: “Gift”; Micro Prose
- Flash: International Short-Short Magazine “A TORRENT” in Issue 12.2
- LOCKDOWN BABYBABBLE: “Rainbow Tomorrow”
- PEATSMOKE JOURNAL: “How to Wear Your Eyes on Your Wedding” Flash Fiction
- + More
All rights reserved. No content appearing on the site may be copied in any form, without the express permission of the author. For enquiries and work proposals contact me.