I am an Indian fiction writer, essayist, poet and columnist published in print and online in about 250 journals/magazines across fifteen countries. My writing appears in American University publications such as The McNeese Review, Penn Review, Passages North, Quarterly West, DASH, Miracle Monocle, Timber Journal, Contrary, Watershed Review, and others, and popular magazines such as Amsterdam Quarterly, Splonk, Atlas & Alice, trampset, AAWW The Margins, Bending Genres, NFFR, Variant Literary, and Prime Number Magazine, among other publications. Anthologies where my work can be found are Best Small Fictions (2021), Best of Asian Speculative Fiction (2021, Insignia), “And if That Mocking Bird Don’t Sing” (Alt Current Press), “200 Poems Around the World” (Sweety Cat Press), “Ten Ways the Animals Will Save Us” (Retreat West), “In the Belly of the Whale” (EllipsisZine), Flash Festival Five (Bath Flash Festival UK) and “Everything Has a Price” (EllipsisZine).
Nominated Work: Four-times Pushcart Prize-nominated (in 2020, 2021 and 2022), six times for Best Microfictions (in 2020, 2021 and 2022), and thrice for Best of the Net (2020, two times in 2022), twice for Best Small Fictions (2020 and 2022) my work has also been translated and highly commended by editors including Longlisting at Wigleaf Top 50 2022, Honorable Mention in CRAFT Flash Contest 2020, Highly Commended at Litro Magazine Summer Contest 2021, shortlisting at New Flash Fiction Contest 2022, RetreatWest Micro Fiction and Strands International, longlisting at SmokeLong Comedy Prize 2021, Brilliant Flash and AWC Furious Fiction.
Poetry and prose collections: “In the Glow of a Velvet Moon’”(Ghost City Press, Sep 2021), “Anatomy of a Storm–Weathered Quaint Townspeople” (Fahmidan, Nov 2022), “Girls Who Don’t Cry” (Alien Buddha Press, Jan 2023) and “Where We Set Our Easel” (Stanchion Publishing, May 2023).
I have edited for multiple journals and read for flash writing contests. Currently I’m serving as the Contributing Editor of Vestal Review (since April, 2022) and Editor, trampset (since July, 2022). I’m also a regular columnist for trampset. My columns reflect on writer life in conversation with current global events, and are often about writing craft’s changing trends. My serialized columns titled “Outsider Perspectives, Insider Narratives” about being an outsider/BIPOC writer in the traditional publishing industry appear in Reckon Review.
I also post writing craft essays my blog. Outside of my blogpage, my craft pieces have appeared in Cleaver Magazine, Fractured Literary, JMWW, and LitMagNews. My writing workshops about flash fiction, craft, identity and structure run independently and with organisations such as Crow Collective, Retreat West and Flash Cabin. Upcoming ones listed here.
My Latest Work
- “Where We Set Our Easel”: 23 May 2023 Novella-in-Flash Stanchion Publishing Also AVAILABLE from Barnes & Noble, BookShop.Org and Amazon
- FRACTURED LITERARY: “What’s Wrong With Sienna”; Micro
- JMWW: Author interview with Rashi Rohatgi, author of Sita in Exile
- INTERVIEW: Author Conversation with Cath Barton; May 19
- FIVE SOUTH LIT: Review of “Where We Set Our Easel” by Nonfiction Editor Dave Nash; May 17
- ATTICUS REVIEW: TRANSCENDING THE IMMEDIATE — A CONVERSATION Interviewed by Emily Huso; May 13
- KITAAB: Article about mother-daughter relationships in my work; May 13
- SHORT STORY TODAY: Podcast by Jon DiSavino, Ranked #11 of 20 Best Short Story podcast in 2023; MAY 10
- TRAMPSET: “Notes on Smart Fiction”; Column; MAY 7
- GONE LAWN: “Collector of Souls Comes to the Shadow Shop”; Flash Fiction; MAY 5
- FATAL FLAW LITERARY: “Our Family of Hard Truths”; Prose, ‘Agency’ Issue, April 21
- TRAMPSET; Column: “Understanding Nonfiction versus Fiction” April 18
- QUARTER AFTER EIGHT Vol. 29; Flash Fiction: “To Dear American”, March 6
- THE CITRON REVIEW: “In Leaping”; Microfiction, April 2
- FLASH FRONTIER Ra Issue: “Ra” Microfiction, March 25
- MOONFLAKE PRESS: “Mid-Flight, Plummeting Albatross”, Micro; SANCTUARY issue, March 28
- TINT JOURNAL; flash fiction “un~broken”, March 10
- AMSTERDAM QUARTERLY; No Planet B-themed Flash Fiction, March 21
- THE GATEWAY REVIEW; “Matchbox”, Short-Story, Fabulism, Print
- TRAMPSET: Column; “Not Me Offering Advice on Writer’s Block”, March 17
- DIAGRAM: Study of Pockets, Creative Prose; March 1
- RECKON REVIEW; Column; “Omissions”, February 15
- “AI & U — The Generated Content Debate”; TRAMPSET column
- “Of Foliage”; Flash Prose: MICROLit ALMANAC; February 2
- “The Glorious Aftermath of a Period”; Column; TRAMPSET January 28
- “Towards Zero”; ALAN SQUIRE PUBLISHING: Flash; January 18
- ANNUAL WRITING REPORT 2022: Links to 79 pieces of work published during 2022
- NFFD NZ June19, 2022 Panel Discussion on Fairy tales and myths
- SOUTH DAKOTA REVIEW: “King George’s Star Inside a Ziploc Pouch”; publication in Volume 58, No. 1
- NATIONAL FLASH FICTION DAY (FLASH FLOOD JOURNAL): “March Goes to the Market”, June 24
- WRITERS RESIST: “A Moon is a Moon is a Moon”; Flash prose
- TAMARIND LITERARY MAGAZINE: “Back and Forth With Oscar Wilde’s Son”; Short-story, Issue 5
- NATIONAL FLASH FICTION DAY Anthology 2023: “How to Sleep on Friday Night”; Flash Fiction
- PARENTHESES JOURNAL: “Crocodile Teeth”; Flash Fiction
- MIDWAY JOURNAL: “There are Four…”; Flash Fiction
- NUNUM: “At Dawn I’ll Be Lying In Bed And Thinking” -Done in a Hundred Anthology
- REFLEX FICTION: Collaborative N-I-F
- Flash: International Short-Short Magazine “A TORRENT” in Issue 12.2
- LOCKDOWN BABYBABBLE: “Rainbow Tomorrow”
- + More
All rights reserved. No content appearing on the site may be copied in any form, without the express permission of the author. For enquiries and work proposals contact me. IF YOU LIKE WHAT I DO, SUPPORT MY WORK PAYPAL.ME
You must be logged in to post a comment.